First of all, a very happy birthday to my friend Lauren! Lauren makes stunning jewelry. You should go check it out. =) I go through pretty intense food-phases, where all I want to eat is one kind of vegetable. One month of nothing but kabocha squash; one month of nothing but red cabbage; one month of […]
AboutV.K.Rees (short for Vanessa Katharine Rees) is a blog about all things photography & food, run in her spare time by NYC-based commercial photographer Vanessa Rees. Vanessa has received awards and acclimation for her work in food and still life photography. Among them are SAVEUR Magazine's Best Food Photography and The [Framed] Awards best food photographer. Vanessa has been lucky enough to enjoy working with clients such as; Ralph Lauren Food & Wine Magazine VegNews Magazine Catdaddy Moonshine Midnight Moon SimplySent H.Bloom MiO Water Crane & Co. BUST Magazine Luckyrice Isa Does It Some bits and pieces about me:
- I love all kinds of photography but am particularly drawn to food, still life, and lifestyle photography. I'm very passionate about creating beautiful light. It's not uncommon for me to use up to 8 different light sources for one shot. Although sometimes just 1 or 2 does the trick. =)
- Styling. The best thing I ever did for my photography is put the camera down and start collecting props. I love telling stories with props. When the right lighting is paired with the right props, magic happens.
- I live in a Brooklyn apartment with my boyfriend and fat, yellow cat above the best bagel shop in all of NYC.
- I really love tea.
- I really love gin.
- I grew up in SW Virginia and went to college in West Virginia. I am a mountain girl at heart.
- I want to travel everywhere.
- Oh, and I love food. <3
Monthly Archives: December 2011