Ya know gogurt, right? The product that supposedly makes yogurt, which is already conveniently packaged, even more convenient. Here I took that idea and applied it to something that could actually benefit from convenience and mobility- my favorite green smoothie. These are awesome for storing in the freezer at work. Just take one out 30 minutes before to let it unfreeze, snip the top off, and either stick a tiny straw in the top or eat it gogurt/ice candy style. If you are too impatient to wait for it to unfreeze, eat it frozen and call it a smoothie popsicle. I used my go-to green smoothie recipe for these photos but you can do this with any smoothie recipe that you’d like.
I need a catchy name for these. Suggestions?
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 handfuls or whatever leafy-green veggie you have on hand
- 2 Tbs almonds butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 packet stevia (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Cut a 15″ strip of the tubing and tie a knot on one end of it.
- Using a funnel, pour the smoothie into the tubing leaving about 2″ at the top. Tie a knot at the top of it.
- Stick it in the freezer.
- Repeat until the smoothie is gone. Makes 15 – 20.