I love really simple, tasty food. This is one of my favorites- thinly sliced apples dipped in tempered chocolate.
You have to temper some chocolate to make these. If you have never tempered chocolate let me assure you that it’s not hard at all! Just give it a try.
- 1lb Semisweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 or 2 Apples
- Temper 1lb of chocolate. It is easier to temper large amounts of chocolate so just save the leftovers for something else.
- Using a mandolin, food processor w/ a slicing attachment, or a knife and your own hands, cut the apple into thin pieces.
- Dip the apple slices into the chocolate. Shake the apple a bit to get the excess chocolate off.
- Put the apple slice on a towel or drying rack to let the chocolate harden.
Marshall was too busy hunting a mouse in our apartment to hang out with me. =(
Oh, and I just want to mention that my boyfriend (Roy Rogers -yeah that’s his real name) is amazing and super supportive. Seriously guys, he does all the dishes that I use for these posts and puts up with the massive amounts of food photography props I am accumulating in our very small NYC apartment. <3