Brussels sprouts get a bad rep. I think, when cooked right, they are one of the most delicious veggies. Here’s how I do them:
- 1lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs (21g) Agave Nectar (or some other kind of sweetener)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Pick all the gross, brownish leaves off of the sprouts.
- Put the sprouts in a colander and run cold water over them.
- Cut the bottom stems off of the sprouts and then cut them in half. Be sure to keep the leaves that fall off the sprouts – they get all crispy and delicious when cooked.
- Put the sprouts, olive oil, agave nectar, and salt in a large bowl and stir.
- Lay the sprouts out on a baking sheet. Make sure they don’t overlap too much.
- Cook the sprouts until they are tender. The cooking time depends on how you like your sprouts. I like them to be tender but still bright green (about 20 minuts in the oven). Some people like them to be super soft and green-brown in color (about 40 minutes). Try them both ways to see what you like!
How do I get anything done with this cat around? =)