Hello! Sorry it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. If you follow me on Twitter, you may know that I recently injured my foot and am in a cast (it’s all i talk about). Taking photos in a cast is not easy! The cast should be coming off soon, so things are looking up.
I’ve decided I will start posting weekly. On Tuesdays. So be sure to check back every Tuesday. =)
Before we talk about food, I wanna talk about hurricane Sandy. Things in NYC are still a disaster. Many parts of Rockaway beach, Redhook, Coney Island, and Long Island are completely devastated. If you can, give some money to Occupy Sandy. They are doing a hell of a job helping those in need!
Okay now let’s talk about mini apple cakes. These are cute and delicious. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 Apples peeled and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup earth balance
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease the pans.
- Mix the butter & sugar together.
- Add applesauce, vanilla, orage juice, & milk. Mix.
- Add flour & baking powder. Stir.
- Pour batter evenly into the pans and arrange cubes on top. Only fill the pans 1/3 of the way to to the top or the cake will rise over the pan and things will get messy. Makes about 4 cakes.
- Mix together the 3 topping ingredients and distribute over the apples.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before taking it out of the pan.
- Serve with ice cream.
Till next time! xoxo