I love coffee. My favorite part of the day is walking with Roy, at 7am, to the coffee shop around the corner- Konditori. It pains me to give up this daily routine, but the cost adds up, and I need to start brewin’ at home. To make this transition as easy as possible, I bought beans from Konditori and plan on drinking my coffee out of the to-go cups that we’ve accumulated from them.
Check out the comments. Readers are a wealth of information about coffee. =)
I did some research and here’s what I’ve decided works best:
- French Press
- Coffee Bean Grinder
Ingredients (for 2 cups of coffee)
- About 6 Tbs of good coffee beans (store your beans in an air-tight, away from light)
- 12-18oz filtered water
- 1 small pinch of salt
- Milk, optional (non-dairy for me please!)
- Sugar, optional
- Heat up 12oz of clean, filtered, water.
- Meanwhile, put 6 Tbs of coffee beans into the grinder and grind for 12 seconds.
- Put 4 Tbs of ground coffee and a pinch of salt into the french press.
- Pour 12oz of hot water into the french press.
- Put the lid on the french press but do not press down. Let it sit for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes push the french press down.
- Pour the coffee into two cups. I find this to be a bit too strong so I dilute each cup with 3oz of hot water. This just depends on your preference.
- Add milk and sugar, if you’d like.
Perfection. How do you make your coffee?
Oh, and a special thanks to my dear friend Ms. Danielle Corsetto for being the hand in these photos. <3