This post is inspired by my grandma, “Grandma Rees” we called her. She would make my brother, sister, and I pizzelles when we visited.
Today’s post is not just a recipe as per usual. I’ve decided to turn the image above into a holiday card and do a giveaway. These cards say “Happy Holidays” on the front & the cookie recipe is on the inside. They are mighty cute if I may say so myself.
On December 1st I will choose 5 people to win a set of 15 cards. To eneter the giveaway, simply go to this address, click the “enter sweepstakes” button, and fill out the form. You must provide an email address so that I can contact you if you win. I can promise you that I will never use your email address for anything other than this giveaway. =)
This reciepe was adapted from Vegan Feast Kitchen’s recipe.
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance, melted (earth balance is a healthy margarine)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tbs pure almond extract (vanilla extract works fine too)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 very small pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Using the “s” blade, combine all the ingredients (except the powdered sugar for dusting) in a food processor or a Vitamix.
- Heat up the electric pizzelle iron according the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spray the pizzelle iron with some oil.
- When the iron is ready, add 1 Tbs of batter to the center of each cookie. The amount of batter you need will vary depending on which iron you have.
- Close the iron and let it cook for a little less than a minute.
- Remove the cookies from the iron and sift powdered sugar over them.
- Store in a air tight container until ready to eat.