This blog is about all things photography & food, run in her spare time by NYC-based commercial photographer Vanessa Rees (that’s me!) Some bits and pieces about me:
- I love all kinds of photography but am particularly drawn to food, still life, and lifestyle photography. I’m very passionate about creating beautiful light. It’s not uncommon for me to use up to 8 different light sources for one shot. Although sometimes just 1 or 2 does the trick. =)
- Styling, styling, styling. I love styling. The best thing I ever did for my photography is put the camera down and start collecting props. I love telling stories with props. When the right lighting is paired with the right props, magic happens.
- I live in a small Brooklyn apartment with my boyfriend and fat, yellow cat above the best bagel shop in all of NYC.
- I go through pretty intense food phases. One month of nothing but squash, one month of nothing but cabbage, one month of casseroles, etc.
- I really love coffee.
- I really love gin.
- I grew up in SW Virginia and went to college in West Virginia. I am a mountain girl at heart.
- I want to travel everywhere.
- Oh, and I love food. <3
No project is too big or too small! If you’re interested in working together, get in touch with me. For price quotes, collaborations, or to just grab a cup of coffee and talk about an idea you have, here’s how you can reach me:
Send an e-mail: vanessa[at]vkreesphotography.com
Pick up the phone: 540.250.5633
Fill out the contact form