I’m never going back to unsavory oatmeal. Or, for awhile, at least.
Ingredients (makes enough for 2-3 people)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- Olive oil for frying and garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup kabocha squash, steamed
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 Tbs chives, diced.
- A few slices of tofu
- 1/4 cup onions, diced (optional)
- Blend the kabocha squash with 1/8 cup water. Add more water if necessary.
- Cook oatmeal according to package directions except replace 1/4 cup of the water with vegetable broth.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, heat 1 Tbs of olive oil up in a pan and fry the tofu slices on both sides until crispy and golden-brown.
- Pour the oatmeal in bowls and place the tofu and a large dollop of the kabocha squash on top of the oatmeal.
- Garnish with 1 tsp olive oil, chives, sauteed onions (optional), salt & pepper.