“Give in to the power of the rooster.” These are the words that the talented cookbook author, Isa Chandra, tweeted to me shortly after I was introduced to Sriracha through one of her recipes. I have given in in every way possible. I love this stuff. I love it enough to put on popcorn w/ a little bit of lime and some agave. Mmmm… so tasty!
Speaking of Ms. Chandra, I have some exciting news! I will be photographing the recipes for her next cookbook. Eeeep! I am so stoked to be working with Isa. She and her recipes rule. Keep an eye out for “Isa Does It” on the shelves of Barnes and Noble this fall! Read more about the cookbook here. In the meantime, check out her other amazing cookbooks:
Now here is a recipe for some damn good popcorn.
- 3 cups air popped pop corn
- 2 tbs earth balance (vegan butter)
- 3 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbs agave nectar
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over the stove.
- Add the lime, siracha, and agave.
- Drizzle over the popcorn and stir.
- Salt to taste.
- Add a bit more agave if you like your popcorn sweeter or add a bit more Sriracha if you like some heat.