Steaming is a super easy way to cook veggies. Roy and I find ourselves steaming some kind of vegetable almost every day. They can be seasoned with all sorts of deliciousness- salt, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, agave nectar, or a sauce. After photographing this I ate the entire thing within five minutes. If an emoticon for a pig existed (does one?) I would put it here right now. =)
- 1 medium cauliflower
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Garlic, one small clove, finely diced
- Cut the core out of the cauliflower, separate the head into floretes, and cut the large florets into 2 pieces to make them the same size as the smaller ones.
- Wash the cauliflower in cold water.
- Steam the cauliflower until the stalks are tender to the touch with a fork (6-8 minutes once the water is boiling). You can use many different kinds of steaming contraptions- a basket, a rice cooker/steamer combo, or a bamboo steamer.
- Remove the cauliflower from the steamer.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil to taste. Stir in the parsley and garlic.
- Serve warm or cold.