As I have mentioned many times, I try to challenge myself to do something new in each post. This time it was to work with a white background. I used a lighting tent and a few off-camera flashes. It’s not my usual style but I’m pretty pleased with the results. =)
This single serving, gluten free, two minute coconut cake is super easy and delicious. The coconut flour has a really unique texture and just melts in your mouth. At one point I said that if you ever make anything from this site it should be the two minute carrot cake; now I’m gonna have to say it should be this. I eat it for breakfast. =D
Ingredients for the Coconut Cake
- 3 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 1 packet stevia (optional but cake will not be very sweet without it)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs non-dairy milk
- 1.5 Tbs coconut milk
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir vigorously until combined.
- Microwave 2 – 3 minutes.
- Eat by itself or serve with vanilla cashew icing and a sprinkle of shaved coconut.
* Note that microwaving times will vary. The cake should be firm to the touch. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer if need be.
* It should also be mentioned that this cake expands quite a bit so use a larger bowl or cup.
*For those that care, this coconut cake has 310 calories.
Marshall jumped in the lighting tent and I snapped a shot of him right before he sneezed. How cute is he? I totally made this my desktop background.
If you’d like, you can make it your desktop image too. =)
Check it out! My photo is in the Feb/March issue of BUST magazine. I photographed Isa Chandra’s apple pie and olive oil crust. It was SO tasty! You can find the recipe in BUST mag (obviously) or in Vegan Pie in the Sky. BUST and Isa rule!