I’m in a bit of a hurry today so I’m not going to be able to say much. I will just let the pictures speak for themselves! These are pears poached with vanilla pods served with chocolate sauce and ice cream. This was my first time poaching pears and it did not disappoint!
- 3 pears
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 3/4 cup sugar
- A pot of water deep enough to cover all 3 pears
- Dark Chocolate chips
- Coconut Bliss Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a large pot, heat the water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the vanilla.
- While the water is heating, peel the pears.
- Slide the pears in.
- Keep the liquid simmering (not boiling) until the pears are cooked through. It took me roughly 30 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the water and let them cool for a bit.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips using a double broiler.
- Once the pears are ready, cover in melted chocolate and serve with a scoop of ice cream.