These are a combination of poptails (alcoholic popsicles), fudgesicles, and ice candy/flav-o-ice. They are insanely good and a little dangerous because of it. The alcohol is well masked.
Ice Candy bags, which are common in the Philippines, are seemingly impossible to find in the USA. I couldn’t even find them online. After hours and hours of looking, I found a workaround. This 1″ polytubing from Uline works perfectly. All you have to do is tie a knot on both ends of the tubing after filling it w/ the chocolatey goodness. Or, if you get really into it, you can get a sealer and avoid tying knots altogether.
I have my dear friend Lauren to thank for naming these. =)
These were inspired by Epicurious’s Vegan Baileys recipe.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk creamer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 Tbs Dark chocolate shavings
- Blend everything together except the chocolate shavings.
- Stir in the chocolate shavings.
- Cut a 10″ piece of polytubing and tie or seal one end of it.
- Put your mixture in a measuring cup and carefully pour it into the tube until you have about 3″ left on top. Use a funnel if you need to.
- Seal or tie the top of the tube so that it is closed.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all of your mix.
- Stick in the freezer for at least 12 hours.