First of all, a very happy birthday to my friend Lauren! Lauren makes stunning jewelry. You should go check it out. =)
I go through pretty intense food-phases, where all I want to eat is one kind of vegetable. One month of nothing but kabocha squash; one month of nothing but red cabbage; one month of broccoli. This time out it is all about yucca. Delicious, lemon-glazed, agave dipped yuca fries.
- 2 Yucas
- 2 Tbs Agave Nectar
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Using a peeler, peel off the thick, wood-like skin.
- Slice the yuca. Try to keep the slices consistently thick so they cook evenly.
- Toss the yuca with olive oil.
- Lay the yuca out on baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the yuca for 10 minutes and flip them over.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the yuca fries are golden brown.
- Lightly brush the fries with lemon juice.
- Dip the fries into agave nectar.
I love my fat orange kitty.
Read next: Cranberry Cream French Toast