My sister made this spicy ginger soda for breakfast one morning, and after a night of too much wine, it made me feel 10x better. I drink it, now, when I’m sluggish, dehydrated, or if I didn’t sleep well the night before. It is a miracle beverage – the elixer of all blergy-things.
- Seltzer water
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6″ of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Combine 2 cups of water, salt, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a pan over the stove.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, until it is cool.
- Strain the syrup into a jar and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Put 2 Tbsp. of the spicy-giner syrup and a lemon wedge into a glass.
- Fill the glass with soda water and stir.
ps. This works especially well with a shot of whatever liquor you were drinking the night before in it. 😉
Read next: Homemade Coconut Luna Bars